Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yellowstone For Me

The fact is, I felt it to be such a special place, when I thought of proposing to her, I couldn't think of anywhere in the world that would be more special to do so than Yellowstone. She fell in love with Yellowstone just like I have and it is a passion we both share to this day. This particular picture was taken seconds after I asked her to be my wife on the lip of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.

Eventually we had to leave, as all visitors do unless you are in the ranks of a few privileged souls who get to call Yellowstone their full time home. I envy those people; rangers, researchers and guides. Sights like this are every day occurrences for them. Visualize if you will that this is your office, and you see this every day. Picture the kind of outlook it gives you, the insights you might have if this becomes your every day experience. I imagine it gives you a unique perspective on the world.

Yellowstone reminds us of life and it's constant renewal. How the world works, that nature has her ways and we would do well to listen to her wisdom. Nature itself should be our greatest teacher. Life is everywhere. Yellowstone also reminds us that life is a circle. All things that live must eventually perish. This is natural and right. Those who live for a time must enjoy it, and then make room for the next generation.

In my travels throughout Yellowstone I've learned a lot about myself. The most important lesson is to enjoy each moment as it occurs, because it will never come again.

1 comment:

  1. I share your special love of Yellowstone *and* the jealousy of those folks who get to live in or around the park and call it home (or work).

    ReplyDelete